Sauti za Busara is East Africa’s No 1 music festival. Every year during February, Stone Town Zanzibar comes alive in celebration of African music.
New for the 2011 festival is the African Music Film programme. Throughout five nights the Old Fort’s amphitheatre becomes a cinema space under the stars where music films will be screened, complementing more than forty live music shows on the main stage next door.
We are looking for a variety of stimulating and entertaining music films from the African Continent and diaspora. These may be full length features, recorded concerts, documentaries, music clips and videos or more experimental films. We’re looking primarily for:
* Films telling a story of music and musicians from the African Continent and diaspora
* Music films that are of exceptional interest to the festival audience (regional and international)
* Music films that represent the wealth and diversity of music from East Africa and beyond
* Films with great visuals, quality sound and music that is firmly rooted in Africa
* Films that tell of new and unheard of sounds as well as established artists
* Foreign language films should ideally be subtitled in Kiswahili and/or English
Deadline for applications: 31st October 2010
More info and application form at www.busaramusic.org/callforfilm.
More about Sauti za Busara in my words and photos here.